Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chia Seeds SUPER FOOD

Well I've heard of Chia seeds and I use them in my breads I make, but I didn't realise actually how good they are for you. My mum bought round a leaflet on them Yesterday and Wow, they really are a SUPER FOOD.

* Good Source of Omega 3 and Omega 6
* Gluten Free
* More protein content than cereals
* 2.5 times more vegetable protein than kidney beans
* 5g of fibre per serving (1 tablespoon per day)
* Absorbs more than 9 times it's weight in water
* Seeds form a gel when mixed with water
* Great source of energy as it slowly turns carbs into glucose throughout the day.
* Levels out water intake
* Retains electrolyte balance
* 7x more vitamin c than oranges
* 8x more omega 3 fatty acids than salmon
* 3x more anti oxidants than blueberries
* Contains 6 times more calcium than milk in weight
* Has 3x more iron than spinach
* Has 15x more magnesium than broccoli
* Great source of minerals e.g magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper
*Great to help lose weight
* Helps with arthritis
* Blood pressure reduction
* Inflammation reduction
* Diabetes maintenance and reduction

Wow, what a great super food I have just started having 1 tablespoon sprinkled over my cereal in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I've just started chia gel this week!!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done you, it's a great supa food I swear by it xx

    ReplyDelete