Friday, October 29, 2010

RAW Mini Chocolate Cupcakes with Avocado Icing

Well as I've been delving into the world of raw foods and my god it really is another world, I'm still trying to get my head round gluten free,dairy free, legume free, any how thought I'd start my journey with something sweet and easy. These cupcakes are great to freeze and just take one out when you have a sweet craving.


1 1/2 Cups Walnuts
1 Cup Dates
3 Tablespoons Coco
1 Teaspoon Natural Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Essence
1/2 Tablespoon EVOO
Stevia to taste (optional) I didn't use any as the icing is sweet enough

Place everything into your food processor and blend until smooth.

Roll into small balls and place into mini cupcake patty pans shape into muffin shapes.

Icing

this icing really varies to how big the avocado is and how strong you like your chocolate so it's all about taste
I used

1 Avocado
1 1/2 Tablespoons Coco
1 Teaspoon EVOO
Natural Maple Syrup to taste

Again blend all in food processor and then ice each little cupcake, they would look lovely decorated with a raspberry or halved strawberries.

ENJOY ;)

2 comments:

  1. YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!! I just wanted to say that i love your blog and adore your recipes. I am also a Jelinek follower and enjoy a good dessert, your desserts are to die for. The only problem is that I have to try and stop myself at one of these each day!!! Have u tried using flaxseed oil in this instead of evoo? Then u are also getting your daily flax. Keep posting your recipes and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquie, getting feed back is great, sorry haven't commented sooner and I'll be posting many more lovely foods,love love love feed back, it keeps me inspired and motivated and yes flax over evoo deff good idea xx

    ReplyDelete