Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

YUM  I love hummus any type any time, yum yum yum, I know this sounds weird but I even had this hummus with pasta and veg the other night, I have it on toast with avocado,as a dip, in a sandwich, mixed in mash potato to me hummus is as versatile as pesto, which I love just as much.

1 Can Chick Peas
2 Tbs Tahini Paste (without the oil)
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Roasted Red Pepper (I bought a jar of roasted red peppers in vinegar not oil, or you could roast yourself if you have time)
1/4 to 1/2 Tsp Dried Coriander

The easiest way is to chuck everything in a bowl and use a bar mix/ handheld blender or put everything in a food processor and give it a whizz until well blended.


Normally people add oils to hummus, I don't think it's needed, but if I do use oils in it I put about a Tbs of EVOO or my supplement of  Flax seed oil as it's so high in EFA.

No comments:

Post a Comment