Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Microwave Chips

So i've been trying things out over the last weekend and another thing I miss is nibbles like dips and chips and things like that, it seems to be a big part of Australian culture when you have a dinner party to always have nibbles and drinks before hand, not only does this stress me out about weather the ingredients are accectable on my diet, but I also worry about putting weight on eating them, so last weekend I decided to see what I could come up with that contain no added fats.

This brilliant recipe isn't mine, it comes from Susan V's fantastic Fatfree Vegan Blog.

1 Medium Potato
Baking Paper
Salt (I don't bother if i'm having it with dip)
Optional seasonings whatever you fancy really

I don't have any kind of fancy slicers, I just very finely sliced the potato evenly (which is quite hard) so maybe using a mandolin or v-slicer would really speed things up, although it can be done I only use a knife.

Line the microwave tray with baking paper and then place the potato slices without overlapping. Salt lightly and season if using.

Microwave at full power-watching closely-until spots of brown begin to appear, about 4-6 minutes. Turn off the microwave for 1 minute. Microwave again at full power until the slices are golden brown. (be careful not to over brown because they will taste burnt) Remove and allow to cool. Repeat until all potato slices are cooked.

Salt and Vinegar Chips

Dip each potato slice into cider vinegar before putting it on the baking paper. Sprinkle with salt before microwaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment