Thursday, November 25, 2010

Raw Blueberry Cheese Cake

OMG this is such a yummy fake cheese cake,  Definitely the best cheese cake I've ever had I have to stop myself from eating so much.  It is actually still high in ssaturated fats because of the use of coconut oil, maybe next time I'll try using a little less oil or maybe even olive instead because I know Dr Jelenik disagrees with the use of coconut but hey I figure I eat Raw now so very very little saturated fats pass my lips I still keep well under the 15g recommendations. This is going to be my Christmas dessert but I will go for raspberries to fit in with the Christmas colour theme (I like things to match hehehehe).


CRUST
1 Cups Raw Macadamia Nuts
1 Cup Raw Almonds
1 Cup Pitted Fresh Dates
1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut

FILLING
3 Cups Raw Cashews (soaked for 2 hrs)
3/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/2 -3/4 Cup Agave Syrup
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Natural Vanilla Essence
3/4 Cup Coconut Oil

TOPPING
250g Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Cup Fresh Pitted Dates

BASE METHOD
Blend nuts and dates in food processor. Spread dried coconut over the bottom of base. Press nut mixture onto the coconut, this not only tastes great but stops the mixture sticking.

FILLING METHOD
Blend cashews, lemon juice, agave, coconut oil, and 1/2 cup water  until all ingredients come together into a smooth cheese like consistency. With the help of a spatula pour cheese mixture onto base. After the filling has been added be sure to give the dish a few gentle taps to remove any air bubbles.

TOPPING METHOD
Process thawed berries and dates until well blended, pour on top of cake. Place cake in Freezer until frozen, thaw 15-20 mins before serving.

ENJOYthis seriously is one fantastic cheesecake

1 comment:

  1. This looks great!! I love coconut oil!! I know a lot of people who take it as a supplement so what an awesome way to take it, if I ever make this I'll do it just like you did here!!

    ReplyDelete