Monday, October 18, 2010

Vegan Soft Cheese

So since I've been on this diet, I've been mainly missing Cheese and Chocolate so thought I'd come up with a vegan cheese spread which is actually quite tasty, so give it a try.

1 Cup Organic Tahini
2 Tablespoons EVOO
2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Garlic Chives
1 Tablespoon Mixed Herbs
1 Tablespoon Pro Biotic Yeast
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spoon into a jar with some kind of lid so before you use it you can give it a shake so all the oil that sits on top can be mixed together again.

Keep in the fridge, and just remember that although this is really healthy it does still contain saturated fats so go easy.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you - I've been procrastinating about starting the MS recovery diet for the last month as it just seemed too hard but stumbling onto your website has made me realise that it is possible... The recipes you post look so delicious that I felt excited about starting the diet and trying new dishes - please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Thank you it's soooo good to get feed back. I felt exactly the same before I started, but it really is exciting it opens your eyes to a whole other world of food and some i've never heard of, you just need to think of your recovery. I feel better and look better than I have in ages. I would just advise taking it step by step, one food type at a time otherwise it's all very daughnting. Good luck with it all and I'll try and keep you in supply of recipes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I back up the first commenter. I do not know whether you still keep working on your blog but I really hope you do. One of the worst things about starting OMS diet is giving up the cheese! I came across your blog just now through some forum and very happy to see some cheese alternatives! So.. going to try the cashew parmesan and the soft cheese today too! :) Hope you are well, take care.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete