Sunday, July 25, 2010

Broccoli and Corriander Pesto

I love Pesto and I was reading one of my favorite vegan blogs www.fatfreevegan.com and was inspired to find ideas for pesto's that have no oil in them and I remembered an Italian friend of my mums uses alot of broccoli in his pasta, obviously he has parmasan and EVOO in it but I thought I'd give it a go making a fat and dairy free pesto and to be honest it turned out really yum and kept it's lovely green colour without adding lemon to it. I mixed mine in with wholemeal pasta and king prawns it was fab, It made about 2 Cups so as I always do I put the rest into ice cube trays and froze it for easy meals when I can't be bothered to cook.

1 Medium Head of Broccoli
2 Loose Packed Cups of Corriander
1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)

Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. How easy and healthy is that.

1 comment: