Monday, October 3, 2011

Scrummy Raw Cookies

Being a full time mum I'm always trying to get my kids to eat more raw foods, and over the past few months I've tried many raw biscuit recipes which really my kids could give or take, anyway they love these raw biscuits and I've found a way of not wasting my almond milk pulp as well.


1 cup almond pulp
1 medium frozen banana
5 medjoul dates
2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 pepita's (pumpkin seeds)
1 tbs dark or clear agave nectar (I use dark as it has more minerals)

If like me you are using the pulp from yesterdays almond milk and the pulp has dried abit just add a couple of tbs of almond milk to get that batter,well like batter.

I also find and maybe its just me, that when I freeze banana's it really brings out there flavour, it does work the same if not frozen but the flavour isn't as bananary.


So mix pulp, frozen banana, dates and coconut oil in a food processor until well combined and like a batter.

Pour batter in a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

Roll into small balls and dehydrate for around 10-12 hours depending on how dry you like them.

Makes between 22-26 biscuits, yum yum yum they are really good if them a try and enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment