Tuesday, October 12, 2010

home made rice milk

Well as I'm now not eating Legumes, I no longer can enjoy soy milk which is abit of a bummer because I don't think many cafes will be in supply of rice milk so I'm no longer going to be able to enjoy a chat and a latte with my girlfriends looks like it's going to herbal tea instead.

This is a recipe for making rice milk I got it from my nutritionist, at least I know whats going in it no yukky preservatives or flavourings.

It's super easy

4 cups of Hot Water
1 cup cooked rice white or brown
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Place milk into the fridge to let cool and the milk will separate.Pour the milk through a strainer to catch any rice particles. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.

this isn't quite like the shop bought milk so you could add stevia or agave nector if you want somthing a little sweeter.

Done, how easy is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment